Bilingual (Spanish/english) program administrator – Bend, OR
KIDS in the GAME, a Bend-based non-profit focused on helping kids thrive in life through positive sports experiences is hiring a part-time bilingual (Spanish / English speaking) program administrator. This position will report to our Program Manager and will work collaboratively with the Program Administration team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Approving Pass Applications – low-income families will be applying for support to cover after-school sports registration fees. This is done online using salesforce.com.
- Helping translate English website pages, communications, and support documents into Spanish
- Contacting organizations that can help promote our Pass program
Supporting fulfilling AMPED kits for schools. AMPED is our school-based running program we offer to schools nationally.
- Answering emails/phone calls from low-income families, supporting organizations, and others reaching out to learn more about organization or programs
- Contacting schools and working with appropriate staff to get them signed up to receive AMPED program
- Attending conferences and events to promote programs
- Any other work that supports fulfilling our two programs
- Candidate must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Candidate must be passionate about youth sports and providing opportunity for kids to be active.
- We are a Mac-based office, so must have competency working on a Mac computer or willingness to learn
- Candidate must be proficient at using Word, Excel, Google Drive, Google Docs and Sheets.
Ideally, the candidate should be outgoing, with strong communication skills, be detailed oriented and keep track of outreach. Candidate should be a self-started, able to collaborate with a team and work independently. Candidate must be passionate about helping kids be healthy and active. We will be using saleforce.com to track communications with schools so experience using a database is a plus but training will be provided.
AT KITG, we believe in creating a working environment that supports families. The work must get done, but the hours are flexible to meet other demands.
Will work with the candidate on designing hours and schedule.
You will work out of our office on 3rd Street just south of Wilson. It will include two weeks of paid vacation a year, which will accrue over time.
Hourly pay, starting at $15/hour depending on experience. No benefits included. Position starts right away. There will be a 90 day trial period.
When applying please include why you are a good fit for this position and what sports/activity means to you.
Send resume and cover letters to KITG Careers.
Join the board – KIDS in the GAME is seeking 3-4 board members to help lead our organization. Must have prior board experience. Looking for three types of individuals – connectors, strategists, non-profit governance.
Connectors – individuals who have connections with large corporations and organizations willing to support kids getting active. Must be willing to make introductions and help the organization meet fundraising goals.
Strategists – individuals who have skills at developing long-term strategies that help lead the organization and prepare it for the future.
Non-profit governance– an individual who will ensure compliance with regulations, board structure, and accountability.
If one of these roles on our board appeals to you, please email our Executive Director, Natalie Hummel.
Public Relations – KIDS in the GAME is seeking a PR executive who is willing to volunteer their time to help our organization tell powerful stories of how we are impacting kids across America.
School Champion – interested in bringing AMPED to a school in your community! Become a School Champion. Email our Program Administrator.