KIDS in the GAME’s Mission
KIDS in the GAME aims to inspire kids to thrive in life through sports by providing the resources that get and keep kids in the game.
We have too many kids sitting on the sidelines!
There are many reasons kids are on the sidelines today. Our kids, families, and communities are feeling the impact from school budget cuts, too much screen time, increase in registration dues, and the professionalization of youth sports.
What happens when all kids get the chance to play youth sports:
- They learn to, “try your best;” to perform well together, problem solve as a team, and to win and lose together.
- They learn personal growth through practice, participation, and repetition.
- They get an opportunity for respectful mentoring from an adult or peer leader, other than their family.
- Communities are strengthened as families, schools, and peers rally around youth programs, collaborating and helping out.
- Problems and costs related to childhood obesity go down.
- They feel a boost in self-esteem, confidence, and direct social connection
- They discover newfound abilities, build confidence, and a grow their desire to be physically active in life.
Too many kids are growing up without PE and athletics.
Only 7% of kids are active to CDC Standards.
Kids need at least an hour a day of moderate physical activity most days of the week.
9 Million kids are completely inactive in the United States.
They need more than one or two options available so they can find an activity that’s engaging.
Why is this important? — for them and everyone?
- Obesity rates have TRIPLED in the last 30 years.
- Getting into the habit of being active means better lifelong health
- 45% of kids are kinesthetic learners – they learn through movement! – Kids are born to play!
- Daily activity and activity breaks improves academic performance and focus.
- It means reducing the high costs of youth misconduct and obesity.
Money is the biggest barrier in youth sports.
- Sports participation is lowest in households with low incomes.
- Girls sports participation is even lower for low income families.
Let ‘Em Play
Check out our Programs
Success in sports should focus on what kids want to gain from the experience; encouraging a lifetime of participation.
KIDS in the GAME’s programs connect brands with kids to impact their future through sport and physical activity!
- AMPED – is a morning exercise program designed to prime kid’s brains for learning through movement. AMPED provides daily activity, social-time, and brain breaks for kids to get ready for the day ahead.
- The Pass — direct financial assistance to families to get their kids off the sidelines (couch) and into the game! We support families by paying registration fees for kids’ recreational athletic activities.