Too many kids are growing up without PE or other athletics.
- Kids need at least an hour a day of moderate physical activity most days of the week.
- They need more than one or two options available so they can find an activity that’s engaging.
Why is this important for them—and for the good of us all?
- Getting into the habit of being active means better lifelong health and improved academic performance.
- It means reducing the high costs of youth misconduct and obesity.
Money is the biggest deciding factor in whether young kids join in youth sports.
Sports participation is lowest in households with low incomes.
KIDS in the GAME’s Mission
There are lots of reasons kids are on the sidelines— school budget cuts, too much screen time and the professionalization of youth sports.
KIDS in the GAME’s aim is to inspire kids to thrive in life through sports by providing the resources that get and keep kids in the game. When all kids are welcomed and included there are many benefits:
- Kids learn what it means to, “try your best,” to perform well together, to problem solve as a team, and to win and lose together.
- They learn to feel personal growth through practice, participation, and repetition.
- They get an opportunity for respectful mentoring from an adult or peer leader, other than their family.
- Communities are strengthened as families, schools staff, and peers rally around youth programs, collaborating and helping out.
- Problems and costs related to childhood obesity go down.
- Kids discover newfound abilities, build confidence and a grow their desire to be physically active in life.
Let ‘Em Play
Early, positive experiences with sports lead toward lifelong physical and mental health.
Success in sports should focus on what kids want to take away from the experience; encouraging a lifetime of participation, opposed to training the next Professional Athlete or Olympic Medalist.
KIDS in the GAME strives to build communities, schools, and leagues with a sports model that welcomes all children during the crucial years, before age 12.
We connect our Sponsors to Schools/Kids, and physical activity programs that increase their opportunities to be active.
- AMPED – is a morning exercise program designed to get kids moving and prime their brains for learning. AMPED offers the fundamentals to all activities; daily activity and locomotor movements for kids to master while having a fun and interactive morning.
- GO! Grants — grants to restore or start school P.E. programs for elementary school students.
- Pass Program *— direct financial assistance to families. We pay registration fees for kids’ athletic activities.
* CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE